Are you looking for the opportunity to both contribute to the greater good and do great work? Do you want to work with a committed group of professionals who are dedicated to helping Non-Profits successfully complete their mission? If so, please read on.
The Allegiance Fundraising Group is looking for an experienced CFO to both act as a strategic thought leader as a key member of the management team and own the end-to-end financial close process.
As a strategic thought leader, you will be working directly with divisional partners to develop the Company’s short- and long-term operating plan, evaluate growth opportunities, optimize the expense structure, and manage cash flow planning. You may also be asked to participate in board level conversations and in the preparation of board materials.
Financial close responsibilities will include revenue recognition, reporting, analytics, compliance, tax planning, and audit support for each of our key business units. You will be directly accountable for the for all GAAP requirements from contract setup through to month end close and compliance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for key financial and operational functions of a high growth, private equity backed company. This position will be based out of Fargo, North Dakota and Health benefits and a competitive salary will be offered.
The Allegiance Fundraising Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Participating in the Company’s short- and long-term operating plans
- Working with divisional partners to develop an annual operating plan and review financial results
- Managing the closing of the monthly financial statements and maintaining all relevant support schedules
- Managing the billing process
- Inventory management
- Vendor management
- Employee payroll and benefit oversight
- Evaluating and updating internal control documentation
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly Board reporting
- Managing the cash flow cycle
- Working with external auditors on annual audit process
- Strong financial comprehension (US GAAP) and experience overseeing monthly close process
- Detailed understanding of cash flow cycle management
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple parties
- Familiarity with managing third party vendors
- Ability to work closely with CEO, and is comfortable managing multiple timelines and deliverables
- Goal oriented, committed to deadlines.
- Collaborative personality, enjoys working with others and coaching staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple groups, responsive with strong customer service orientation.
- Position requires up to 30% travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting or finance required, CPA or MBA a plus
- 10+ years of work experience in accounting or finance preferred