Allegiance Fundraising Group, LLC provides end-to-end fundraising solutions to US based non-profits, including fundraising strategy and consulting; direct response mail; CRM database and underwriting software; as well as an incentive and loyalty program. We are dedicated to the nonprofit and audience-supported broadcasting space and enable our customers to successfully complete their goals.
The Technology Division based in Fargo, ND develops and supports fundraising and traffic software for the non-profit broadcasting and media industry. Our fundraising software is the market leader in audience-supported broadcasting. We take pride in being first with innovative features that allow our customers to solve problems and increase their revenue. Our range of products includes Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Traffic & Corporate Support, and Auction Software and a Cloud Solution.
Position is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for the CEO and company, as well as assisting the Accounting department. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondences and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Very strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Work independently with little to no supervision on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work in a high growth environment
- Able to adjust rapidly to changes in procedure
- Proficient in various computer software, including Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to handle various projects simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal with people at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Pick up, sort and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Enters customer invoices and distributes electronic/paper copy of invoices to customers.
- Creates and distributes electronic/paper copy of month-end statements to customers.
- Creates and distributes credit card expense reports. Follows-up on reports, when necessary.
- Assists accounting department with clerical tasks, providing back up to basic tasks during absences, sending invoices to managers for approval and travel reimbursement.
- Orders company supplies.
- Utilizes personal vehicle to run errands, when needed.
- Support office management by assisting with external vendors on facility, office equipment, contract and other day-to-day issues.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities, when needed.
- Archiving and filing data.
- Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with accountants to cover phones.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings.
- Special projects, as assigned.