Accounts Payable Coordinator
Allegiance Fundraising Group, LLC provides end-to-end fundraising solutions to US based non-profits, including fundraising strategy and consulting; direct response mail; CRM database and underwriting software; as well as an incentive and loyalty program. We are dedicated to the nonprofit and audience-supported broadcasting space and enable our customers to successfully complete their goals.
The Technology Division based in Fargo, ND develops and supports fundraising and traffic software for the non-profit broadcasting and media industry. Our fundraising software is the market leader in audience-supported broadcasting. We take pride in being first with innovative features that allow our customers to solve problems and increase their revenue. Our range of products includes Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Traffic & Corporate Support, and Auction Software and a Cloud Solution.
Position is responsible for the accounts payable process, including coding, verifying and entering invoices and check disbursement. This position will also be responsible for vendor and month-end reconciliations and implementing process improvements. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will support year-end close, the annual external audit and any other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Five or more years of experience in accounts payable.
- Experience with 1099 reporting.
- Experience with multi-state sales tax reporting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Very strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Work independently with little to no supervision on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work in a high growth environment.
- Able to handle pressure from deadlines.
- Proficient in various computer software, including Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office products.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal with people at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus.
- Complete the entire accounts payable cycle, including receipt of invoices, coding, entry into the accounting system and disbursement of payments with a high level of accuracy.
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Support to internal and external customers regarding accounting issues.
- Support month-end and year-end closing process.
- Annual 1099 reporting and filing.
- Annual unclaimed property filing.
- File and pay use tax to multiple states.
- File and pay sales tax to multiple states
- Calculate work-in-progress values on balance sheet.
- Maintain entire accounts payable filing system.
- Maintain supporting schedules, including accounts payable aging.
- Serve as a backup for payroll processing.
- Archiving documents at year-end.
- Maintenance of shared accounting inbox, including responses to incoming inquiries.
- Support office management by assisting with external vendors on facility, office equipment, contract and other day-to-day issues, when necessary.
- Assist with annual external financial audit.
- Special projects, as assigned.